It’s summertime in Naperville, and something like ensuring your water heater is functioning properly is probably the least of your worries.
However, with the average cost of tank water heater replacements nearing the $1,000 mark, it’s never not a good time to get a water heater safety inspection for your Naperville home.
Natural decline of tank water heaters
As our tank water heaters age, they naturally begin to accumulate particles from the water throughout the tank. This build-up can severely decrease your water heater’s efficiency; or worse, result in the water heater breaking and needing to be replaced.
It’s similar to cholesterol in the human body: If it builds up enough in your arteries, if could cause high blood pressure and even deadly diseases.
How we check your water heater
At Hobson Plumbing, we have more than 20 years of experience with pluming and safety inspections. For a low fee of $49, we can check your water heater for build-up and other age-related issues.
Here are some of the things we do when inspecting your water heater:
- Clean off the intake screen to remove dust and sentiment build-up
- Drain the tank itself with a hose to remove sediment build-up
- Test the water and gas emergency shut-off valves to ensure they’ll activate at crucial moments
- Check for leaks of gas and water around the tank
- Take the tank’s temperature to ensure it’s in the normal range
- Inspect the safety relief valve, expansion tank and inside burner chamber
As a bonus, for only $20 more, we can inspect your sump pump at the same visit for any safety or performance issues.
Schedule your Naperville water heater inspection today
Now that you know the importance of getting your water heater inspected, call us today at (630) 761-3400 to set up an appointment. We are conveniently located near Naperville in North Aurora. You can also schedule an appointing using our contact us page.
If you’re interested in learning more about the types of services we provide, check out our services page for more info.