With summer just ending the crisp, cold days of autumn and winter will soon be knocking on our door. However, the inevitable is coming – dry skin – and this may be just the perfect time to look at installing a new water softener for your home.
When people hear the term “water softener”, many automatically think of the benefits to our skin when showering and bathing during the cooler months of the year. This is true, but did you realize there are many other benefits to having softer water? Actually there are quite a few, including:
- Your glassware, plates, dishes and silverware will be cleaner
- Your hair and skin will feel cleaner and smoother after bathing
- Hard water made softer through the use of a softener restores the lathering of your soaps and shampoos, and this reduces the usage and costs of these products by about 75%.
- Consumers will be able to return to natural chemical free healthy soaps and laundering agents, benefiting your health and the planet.
- Fabrics are also softer because hard minerals no longer get trapped in them while washing. Clothes last longer and stay whiter without the dingy gray caused by hard water. This saves the consumer from needing to purchase new clothing on a regular basis.
- Soft water also preserves the life of all water using appliances such as coffee makers, ice machines, dishwashers, and clothing washers. A water heater protected by a water softening system can reduce the yearly energy cost of that appliance by up to 29%.
Think about all these fantastic benefits as a result of having a water softener installed by Hobson Plumbing and Heating. It is a great investment for your home and will help you save money in the long run. Contact us to make an appointment or to find out more.