Hobson Plumbing & Heating services the tri-cities area with professional residential & commercial heating, air conditioning, and replacement services.
When you are searching for plumbers in the Chicagoland area who offer quality service at affordable prices, you won’t find a better company. We are a family-owned, full-service plumbing and HVAC service provider providing everything you need in the way of Chicago plumbing service or repairs to your home or business equipment.
If you’re preparing to check your home or business plumbing for any wintertime damage, we’re here to offer you some spring plumbing tips for maintenance and repair. There are repairs you can make yourself, and then there are those that require the knowledge, expertise, and skills of a professional.
3 Spring Plumbing Tips
- To check for leaks, drop some food coloring into your reservoir tank; if your toilet bowl water changes color, you have a leak.
- No water should drip or flow from faucets that are turned off, and water should flow freely when faucets are turned on. Check both inside and outside your home for leaks around faucets.
- Place a plastic bag of plain white vinegar around your showerheads to dissolve mineral deposits that can build up during the winter months. Leave the bag in place overnight, then remove it. Water should flow freely when the shower is turned on.
3 Spring HVAC Tips
- Change indoor filters often; at a minimum, at the start of every new season (quarterly). If you live in a dusty area, changing filters once a month is recommended.
- Check for dirty coils on A/C units, and remove any dust or dirt buildup to increase your unit’s efficiency during the hot summer months.
- Check thermostat settings and use energy-saving settings when possible. If you have an old, nonprogrammable thermostat, set the heat to 68 degrees at night and 78 degrees during the day to conserve energy.
If you suspect you have a leaky system or detect water damage, mold, or mildew, call a professional plumber to evaluate your plumbing system. Hobson Plumbing & Heating is here to help 24x7x365. Call us today at 630-761-3400 to schedule an appointment for service or repair. We will also evaluate your current plumbing and HVAC system.
We Provide Plumbing & HVAC services in Kane and DuPage counties. Be sure to keep our number nearby so you can call on us when you need a professional to take care of an emergency repair day or night.